Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness tests, 1 recovery test, 1 quick start
- Schwinn DualTrack two blue backlit LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks.
- 4 user capability for multiple user set-up.
- Telemetry heart rate enabled .
- Single piece frame, 2 integrated levelers, and large mid-frame support for an incredibly solid platform.
- Walk-through frame for easy access.
- Padded seat bottom with contoured leg area combined with a large vented seat back make your workout comfortable and cool.
- Three speed fan, oversized side mounted water bottle holder and transport wheels.
- Frame: 10 years / Parts: 2 years / Electronics: 1 year / Labor: 90 days warranty.
- Time, Distance and Calories goal tracking with Bluetooth® data transfer functionality to the Explore the World App and compatibility with MyFitnessPal.
- Ventilated and contoured seat with lumbar supporting backrest for cool, comfortable workouts.
- USB charging port.
- 25 levels of eddy current resistance aligned with a high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout.
- 10 resistance quick keys to rapidly take you from easy to hard and back again.
- Aluminum slider seat rail system with quick and easy lever, fore and aft seat adjustment.
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program.
- Sealed acoustic chamber speakers for quality sound.
Pedal Type: 3-piece oversized
What We Love About The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike:
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has everything someone needs in a great bike for home use: a comfortable but challenging workout, helpful features, and the backing of a trusted brand name. It keeps you connected to the outside world with its media shelf and Bluetooth connectivity, and it has an excellent console with many workouts and the ability to download exercise data. In comparison, its a big step up from the excellent, but more slimmed-down Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bikes. Finally, with the Schwinn® name youre getting the quality that only a 100 year old manufacturer can provide.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Vs Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
The Little Sibling
The Schwinn 230 recumbent bike is the Schwinn 270s recumbent bikes little sibling. The difference between the two is the 230s seat isnt padded , it has fewer resistance levels and workout programs, and its screen is not backlit. Strangely, the 230 is compatible with the Zwift training app while the 270 is not, and it has fewer software complaints than the more expensive model.
Want to know if the Schwinn 230 is for you? Read our full Schwinn 230 Recumbent Exercise Bike review to find out.
|Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
If youre someone whod rather strike a balance between good exercise equipment and technology features, then go for the NordicTrack Commercial R35. It comes with a 14-inch HD touchscreen display with iFIT programming, all the comfort features as the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike, and optional automatic tension control.
All those extra technology features come with a higher price tagand in the case of the NordicTrack Commercial R35 that means a $1,499 price tag. Whether that extra cost is worth it is up to you.
Our NordicTrack Commercial R35 review has our full, uncensored thoughts on this cardio machine.
|Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
|10-year frame, 2-year parts, 1-year electronics, 90 days labor
|10-year frame, 2-year parts, 1-year electronic, 90 days labor
Recommended Reading: Best Fat Tire Electric Bike 2020
What Is The Difference Between The Schwinn 270 And 230
The Schwinn 230 is similar to the 270 but has fewer features. It has fewer resistance levels and preset workouts, and it doesnt have Bluetooth or USB connectivity like the 270 does.
The Schwinn 230 is also less expensive than the 270, which may make it an attractive option for people looking for a no-frills recumbent bike at an affordable price.
Affordable Quiet And Comfortable Indoor Recumbent Bike
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a high-quality and low-impact at-home workout choice.
Have to put it together at the time of delivery
Grip heart rate is unreliable & calorie count is inaccurate
Price: $649Item Dimensions: 64in x 27.7in x 49.9in Item Weight: 86.6 PoundsPower Source: Corded Electric | Plug into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V CircuitNumber of Resistance Levels: 25Resistance Mechanism: FrictionMaximum Weight Recommendation: 300 PoundsExtras: USB Charging Port, Bluetooth connectivity, 3 Speed FanIncluded Standard Warranty: 10 year frame, 2 year mechanical, 1 year electrical, & 90 day labor
While Im very used to riding a stationary spin bike, I could be persuaded to switch to the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike. Designed for those who need a lower-impact workout, the Schwinn 270 is easy to set up and use and has many workout options, including 29 programs, to choose from so your workout will never be stale.
Schwinn is a reputable brand, and the Schwinn 270 did not disappoint for many reasons including its quietness, the user-friendly design and technology, and its comfort. Among the best exercise bikes, its a great option, but as this Schwinn 270 recumbent bike review will reveal, there are a few things youll need to consider before buying it.
- The best exercise bikes for upping your cardio indoors
- More of a runner? The best running shoes to buy right now
- The best shoes for Peloton and indoor cycling
You May Like: Trek Mountain Bike Merlin 5
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike With Explore The World Compatibility
New Open Box For Inspection Only
Stock and Actual Photos Shown In Listing
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools
- Explore the world and discover 50+ global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Telemetry heart rate enabled and ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program
- Ventilated and contoured seat with padded seat bottom and aluminum slider seat rail system with quick and easy lever
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout
A Quick Look At The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is, as its name suggests, a recumbent bike, which means the pedals are placed in front of the users torso instead underneath it as they would be on an upright bike like the Peloton. This position puts less stress on your joints and makes for a perfect low-impact workout.
The Schwinn 270 recumbent exercise bike gives you even more comfort with a ventilated and contoured seat and backrest that also comes with lumbar support.
The exercise bike has a walk-through design, which means users can walk directly in front of the seat and sit down instead of hopping onto a seat as you do on an upright bike.
There are 25 levels of quiet eddy current magnetic resistance and 29 built-in workout programs. But as well get to in a bit, the software on this bike is in need of a major upgrade. The screens offer nothing except displaying your metrics, and there are numerous complaints about the bikes wiring crapping out on customers.
Don’t Miss: Fat Tire Electric Mountain Bike
Diamondback 510sr Fitness Recumbent Bike
The Diamondback 510SR was for a while the top-rated recumbent at this price point and it deserved to be with the awesome build quality, stability, support, and ergonomics.
But when Schwinn revealed their new model the 270 the Diamondback was kind of blown out the water.
With just 16 levels of resistance compared to the Schwinns 25 and 20 workouts programs compared to the Schwinn 29 you start to see why most people who want a top-end recumbent are favoring the Schwinn 270
And when you think the Diamondback is not BlueTooth enabled, the monitor of the Diamondback starts to feel dated compared to the 270 and R616
The Diamondback remains an excellent recumbent, and if you after build quality, this company never fails to deliver, but with the Diamondback costing more than both the Schwinn 270 and Nautiluss R616, the guys at Diamondback need to drop their prices or update their monitor to compete with the two market leaders.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review: Features
While the Schwinn 270 doesnt have an interactive display like the one youd find on a Peloton, it does have a few connected features. For starters, you can connect your phone via Bluetooth to the Schwinn 270 so that your workouts can be synced with Strava, MyFitnessPal or the Health app on the iPhone.
If you use the Explore the World by Bowflex Fitness App, you can virtually ride along some scenic routes free scenic routes includeZion National Park, Route 66, and the French Riviera if you purchase the app, you can unlock even more routes. One of my favorites was the Tuscany/Swiss Alps not only does it look amazing, but the bike knows what route you are doing and will program it based on the video. For example, when I was going uphill, the bike would adjust the resistance to make it lifelike.
The USB port allows riders to charge their phones and tablets while riding its great to have if you are streaming a show on the phone or reading a book. Built-in sealed acoustic chamber speakers also let you play tunes through the bike.
While the bike has a heart rate monitor built into the handlebars, you can also wirelessly connect a wearable heart rate monitor to the bike. However, it has to be a compatible Polar chest strap.
The Schwinn 270s three-speed fan, mounted under the screen is a game-changer, especially during intense workouts.
Don’t Miss: Electric Bike Rental Santa Barbara
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review & Features
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is the newest addition to your workout routine, and its brimming with innovative features that make it a standout. From 32 levels of resistance to RideSocial compatibility and Bluetooth connectivity, this sleek machine turns the monotony of cycling into a dynamic experience that lets you cycle your way toward outstanding fitness results. Heres our Schwinn 270 recumbent bike review.
Schwinn is a well-known leader in the health and fitness industry, with products that are known for their quality and performance. The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is no different. You can take a look at the following list to see what makes this recumbent bike a cut above the rest: 29 programmed workouts, ability to download workout data, mobile device connectivity, and overall quality.
For us, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is basically one of the best recumbent bikes on the market. This can even perform as one of the best recumbent bikes for weight loss. And were not alone a lot of people agree! Its well-priced, looks great, and performs well. If youre looking for something similar, though, you might want to check out the Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike.
Quick Article Navigation
Going back to Schwinn 270, its one of the most successful recumbent bikes back in 2020 and even a bit until now. Heres our Schwinn 270 recumbent bike review summary.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review
If you are looking for a high-end recumbent bike that is best in appearance and performance both, then look no further.
We have got you one of the most eligible bikes in this regard, which is none other than the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike.
In addition to the perfect construction and the outward form of this bike, you would be getting the advantage of having a compact machine that does not take up much of your space. So thats might compel you to consider this stationary bike.
With that being said, the ease of paddling is ensured by the smart and intelligent design of this recumbent bike. As youll see that the upper closure on both the paddles allows you to place your feet quite easily.
So you better not miss this opportunity and grab this masterpiece as soon as possible. If you have any other concerns regarding this bike, then keep on reading the Schwinn 270
Recumbent Bike Review all through the end and youll get all the necessary information.
That said, lets get down to it:
Recommended Reading: Cruiser Bikes With Multiple Speeds
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Features Summary
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 25 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange
Key Considerations For Bike
No matter how compact and small in size, it might be, you still have to be very cautious about the placement of the machine. Because once it has been placed, then there is nearly no chance of moving it again and again. It weighs too much.
Although recumbent bikes cost you a lot of money, still you have to make decisions according to your pocket-range. So keep a check on that aspect as well.
Recommended Reading: Specialized Sirrus 2.0 Hybrid Bike 2020
Is The Schwinn 270 A Smart Bike
The Schwinn 270 is not a smart bike because it doesnt have a built-in screen for streaming live classes.
That said, it does have Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to connect a tablet or smartphone to the bike and sync your progress to certain apps, including Schwinns own Explore the World app or certain third-party apps like Strava and Zwift.
Benefits Of Recumbent Riding
Viewed as less challenging than upright bikes, riders on recumbent bikes still work several essential muscle groups.
- Strengthen Heart and Lungs : The heart is a muscle, so any exercise that increases heart rate strengthens the heart. Aerobic exercise also improves lung capacity, which can decrease heart rate and blood pressure.
- Develop Balanced Leg Muscles: The four large muscles that make up the front of your thigh are called quadriceps. These muscles are essential in healthy knee function. Recumbent riding engages and strengthens the quads gently without creating tension or pressure on the knee joint. Muscles lining the back of the thigh work with the front of the leg to make a full pedal stroke. Calf and shin muscles are also engaged and help with the motion and stability of the ankle.
You May Like: Best Class 3 Electric Bike
Faqs Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Troubleshooting
Why should I choose a recumbent bike?
Recumbent bikes are ideal for people with lower back issues and joint problems, who still want some form of exercising for their health and wellbeing.
A recumbent bike is gentler on the joints and lower back, which is why it is recommended even in cases of recovery after injury or surgery.
Even so, a recumbent bike can help you obtain better fitness and lose weight, if this is your goal. It all depends on how you use the bike.
Is Schwinn 270 a reliable recumbent bike?
Yes, the Schwinn 270 is a reliable and very popular recumbent bike.
Recent models are capable of bringing in a series of improvements, such as a wider range of training programs, a better console, and a sturdier frame, all of these at an affordable price tag.
In fact, most people choose this bike because it is accessible, providing a good diversity of features and great workout opportunities.
Is it difficult to use a Schwinn 270 recumbent bike?
No, it is not difficult at all, even if you never used a recumbent bike before. Unlike upright bikes, a recumbent bike offers the possibility of enjoying a more natural sitting position.
It will be like sitting in a chair, yet having the ability to pedal and workout safely.
For someone who never experienced bike riding ever before, a recumbent bike may be a much better option, due to the comfortable sitting position and easiness of use.
Is a recumbent bike good for weight loss?
Tips To Use Schwinn 270 Bike
Now after you have all the information regarding the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike, now it is time to have a snapshot recap regarding the use of this recumbent exercise bike. This will let you aware of some hacks even before you get down to business.
So make sure to check these out, as follows:
- Make sure that you carry a water bottle with you as this bike features an ergonomic bottle holder at the side of its front panel.
- Next, you better start off at a low pace, as it has got high levels of resistance that is quite booming in overall usage.
- Apart from this, make sure to select an appropriate place for placing it as it may seem compact, but has a lot of weight.
- Lastly, it is better for you to do a warm-up exercise before getting on this because that will help you measure your heart rate very easily.
Also Check: Carbon Fiber Full Suspension Mountain Bike
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review: Design & Set Up
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike has transport rollers and a transport handle to help the bike where you want it. Levelers can be found on each side of the Rear Stabilizer and on the Frame Rail to keep the bike steady while riding.
The bike has an adjustable seat, with a weight capacity of 300 pounds. The seat itself is comfortable, ventilated, and much wider than the average seat on a spin bike. Additionally, it has a back to it. On the sides of the seat, there are handlebars for riders to hold onto. To adjust your seat, make sure you are off the bike when you push down on the seat adjustment handle. When it comes to getting your seat in the right position, youll want to sit on your bike as if you are ready to ride if your seat is in the correct position, youll have a slight bend in the knee when your foot is in the pedal. If your knees are locked out and you cannot reach the pedals, or your knee is bent at a 90-degree angle at the top of each rotation, youll want to adjust your seat.
On each side of the handlebars is a heart rate monitor attached that will record your heart rate when holding the handlebars. On the left side of the bike is a rather large cup holder that can fit your water bottle and even your phone for easy access while riding.
If you live in an apartment building or have young children youre fitting your workouts around, the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is a good fit, as it is smooth and quiet since it is equipped with a weighted flywheel.